Bardex is currently looking to fill the position(s) listed below. If you are interested in being considered, please send us your resume and cover letter to Careers@bardex.com
Design Engineer (Goleta, California)
Bardex is an Employee Owned company that designs and manufactures hydraulic heavy load handling and positioning equipment in shipyard and marine environments. We are in search of a talented Mechanical Engineer, with excellent critical thinking and troubleshooting skills, capable of accomplishing design tasks as well as assisting in the installation, operation, and commissioning of equipment at different locations across the globe. Must be a self-starter and work well in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written English
• MSOffice, including Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Mechanical design experience
• GD&T per ANSI Y14.5
• Ability to work hands on to solve complex problems
• Hydraulics experience
• Experience with PLC systems and programming
• AutoCAD (Draftsight)
• Understanding of codes such as AISC, ANSI, ASTM.
• Experience with Certifying Authorities such as DNVGL, ABS, Lloyd’s Register.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Working with Senior Engineers as mentors, detailed design and analysis of new concepts and modification of existing designs.
• Test, troubleshoot, and commission mechanical, hydraulic and electrical equipment both in the factory and on site.
• Participate in design review meetings.
• Produce design calculations and select materials and components for various equipment, and subassemblies.
• Produce solid models and analyze the technical aspects of designs to ensure design effectiveness.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar from an accredited college or university
Possesses and maintains a valid passport; ability and willingness to travel within the US and internationally and to be away from home for several weeks at a time.
• Employee stock ownership plan
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401K Retirement plan
• 3 weeks paid time off per year
• 8 paid Holidays per year