Bardex Timeline of Significant Events:
- Hydranautics Hydraulic Systems, our original founding company, was incorporated.
- Hydraulic Gripper Jack designed and patented as rig derrick skidding & positioning systems.
- Our first Chain Jack shiplift system was delivered to Emaq in Rio de Janeiro in 1967.
- Double Chain Jack and Single Chain Jack were patented for use in shipyard shiplift systems and other lifting systems.
- Heavy load handling systems were used on almost all of the multi-well fixed drilling platforms located on the Northwest European Continental Shelf. Over 80 rig skidding systems and a comparable number of hydraulic power units in the North Sea were delivered.
- 1st Gripper Jacks installed in the North Sea.
- 1st offshore skidding system was installed on the BP Forties Platform in the North Sea.
- The first rig skidding system to operate on curved skid rails was delivered to Astano.
- Designed and manufactured a jacket load-out and launch system to accommodate the largest barge borne steel structures. Camel Laird-Scotland.
- Rebranded Hydranautics Hydraulic Systems to Bardex Corporation following the sale of affiliate company Hydranautics Water Systems to Rohm and Haas.
- Design and manufacture of the BOP & Riser handling systems for the world’s first center caisson semi-submersible.
- Designed and manufactured the first SCR (Steel Catenary Riser) & pipe-line pull-in system for Shell Auger (GoM) and TLP tendon top tensioning systems using Chain Jacks.
- Designed & manufactured the first Chain Jack Mooring systems for SOFEC JHN Lufeng 13-1 (China) single point mooring system.
- Designed and manufactured the first chain jack mooring system for Spars and Deep Draft Caisson Vessels.
- Designed, patented & trademarked the BarLatch™ Underwater Fairlead Chain Stopper system.
- Designed and manufactured the Petronius Compliant Tower leveling system operating in 1500 feet water depth.
- Obtained our original ISO 9001 certification.
- Designed and manufactured of the world’s largest rig skidding system for Mad Dog.
- Invented Dual Chain Handling Chain Wheel for reducing costs and weight associated with chain handling on mooring systems.
- Designed & patented the mooring chain connecting link used in mooring systems.
- Developed & patented our Off Vessel Tensioning (OVT) mooring method based on the field-proven Barlatch™ Underwater Fairlead Chain Stopper. This system eliminates topsides equipment – saving space and weight, minimizing costs of ownership, & allowing clients to optimize hull design & process equipment.
- Bardex Industries (Gimhae, South Korea) established.
- Continuing a flawless safety record for all of the company’s shiplift systems since 1967.
- Partnered with Matiere for design and manufacture of the 4,300 Te Atlas Megayacht Shiplift for La Ciotat Shipyards (La Ciotat, France), with delivery slated for 2022.
- Bardex Industries moved from Gimhae to a new, larger facility in Busan, Korea.
- Bardex’s patented OVT method was used for the first time to moor the King’s Quay FPS
- Continued our mission of continuous improvement by becoming Certified to the ISO 45001 Environmental Management System and ISO 14001 Occupational Health & Safety Management System standards.