One of Bardex’s most important product innovations and contributions to the heavy load handling industry is the Linear Chain Jack. This piece of equipment represents one of the safest and most efficient ways to lift, tension, or move heavy loads using chain.
As the word “Linear” in the product’s name implies, the chain is always lifted, pulled, or tensioned in a straight line. There are no induced link bending stresses and interlink wear inherent when jacking the chain and simultaneously bending it around a shoe or chainwheel.
The Bardex Linear Chain Jack has a significantly reduced footprint when compared to other devices such as windlasses or winches. This greatly reduces the amount of sometimes crucial deck space required to be set aside for turret mooring or spread mooring tensioning system. As well as being compact, the Bardex Chain Jack is significantly less weight than equivalent rotating equipment.
Bardex has designed the Linear Chain Jack so that the chain is always mechanically held by either the Fixed or Traveling latches. This makes it impossible for the chain to be released inadvertently due to loss of hydraulic power or operator error.
Its hydraulically based power source allows it to be incorporated into a multi-unit system for the safe, efficient, and synchronized movement of extremely heavy loads. Bardex Linear Chain Jacks can be designed and incorporated into systems for lifting, tensioning, or moving loads exceeding 30,000 metric tons.
Linear Chain Jack Features
- The design is kept simple with few moving parts. This results in lower initial, operating, and maintenance costs.
- Chain is mechanically held at all times.
- All parts can be easily removed for preventative maintenance or repairs.
- The latches cannot be released while under load.
- Simplified foundation structural design.
The Linear Chain Jack is custom designed for many different offshore and marine applications requiring the safe movement of heavy loads such as:
- Mooring and Tensioning Systems
- Shiplift and Transfer Systems
- Launching & Recovering Chain Jack Lift Systems
- SCR Pipeline Pull-in Systems